The European Career Services Summit 2019 will take place in the historic city of Leuven, Belgium.
Leuven is known for its safe, cozy old town feel. Medieval grandeur combined with world class education in a vibrant, dynamic city. Every year this city of about 100,000 inhabitants hosts over 50,000 students, including 8,500 international students, thus rightly earning the nickname of being the university capital of Belgium.
KU Leuven will be hosting the event on their Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) campus in the heart of Leuven.
KU Leuven is ranked:
- 47th in the world in THE University Ranking
- 71st in the world by QS
- 1st as Reuter’s most Innovative European university in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) ranks amongst the top schools of economics and business and acquired a 5-year EQUIS accreditation for all its campuses in 2017, a testament to its excellence in education.
All campuses are located in the city centre with many transport links on the doorstep. The faculty buildings stand next to iconic landmarks and often incorporate historic buildings themselves. All within easy reach of bars, shops, restaurants and student facilities.
Wednesday October 9
Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), KU Leuven, Naamsestraat 69.
Thursday October 10
Vlerick Campus Leuven, Vlamingenstraat 83.
Delegates will need to arrange their own accommodation for the event. To help you we have provided information on some recommended hotels:
More exclusive hotels:
Arriving in Belgium
Brussels National Airport (Zaventem)
There are two ways for you to continue your journey on to Leuven:
- The simplest but most expensive way is to take a taxi from the airport. This will cost around € 70.
- An alternative and less expensive method is to take the Leuven bound train at the airport itself. This will cost around €8.80. These trains usually have Luik (Liège, in French) as its final destination but they stop in Leuven en route. The Brussels-Leuven trip takes about 20 minutes by express train.
Brussels South Charleroi Airport
If you arrive in Brussels South Charleroi Airport you have the following option:
- Take the shuttle coach which leaves the airport every hour taking you to the main Brussels railway station in rue de France (Brussels South). The shuttle fare costs €17 and tickets are sold inside the airport terminal. The trip lasts around one hour. At Brussels South railway station, you may take the train to Leuven.
Arriving in Leuven
After arriving in Leuven, proceed to your hotel where you can rest and leave your belongings safely. You may take the bus or the taxi from the train station of Leuven, or simply go on foot. For further information, please consult: www.kuleuven.be/transportation.
- Do not take the train going to Louvain-la-Neuve since this will bring you not to Leuven but to the French-language university, Université Catholique de Louvain in Ottignies.
- It is advisable to have some euro (€) in cash when you arrive in case the money exchange offices are closed.
The European Career Services Summit